Tips to Maximize Your Bathroom Space
Our bathroom serves a multitude of functions: bathing, grooming, getting ready for the day, winding down at night, and everything in between. On top of that, you usually need to share this space with family members or roommates! Luckily, there are many ways to ensure you can make the most of the space and functionality in your bathroom.
Here are just a few tips to help:
1. Evaluate the layout: Start by assessing the current layout and identifying any inefficiencies. Consider relocating fixtures, such as the toilet, sink, or shower, to better utilize the available space.
2. Opt for a corner sink or vanity: Corner sinks or vanities are great space-saving options. They can fit snugly into corners and free up more room for other bathroom fixtures.
3. Install a wall-mounted toilet: Wall-mounted toilets can create an illusion of space as they don't have a bulky tank. The hidden tank is installed within the wall, saving valuable floor space.
4. Choose a smaller bathtub or a shower stall: If your bathroom has limited space, consider installing a smaller bathtub or replacing it with a shower stall. Walk-in showers with glass enclosures can visually expand the space and create a more open feel. Neo-angle showers can be tucked in the corner.
5. Use recessed storage: Recessed shelves or cabinets in the walls can provide storage space without encroaching on the bathroom's footprint. They are perfect for storing toiletries, towels, and other bathroom essentials.
6. Utilize vertical space: Take advantage of vertical space by installing tall cabinets or shelving units. This can provide additional storage for items that are not frequently used, such as cleaning supplies or extra towels.
7. Incorporate mirrored surfaces: Mirrors can make a small bathroom appear larger and brighter by reflecting light and creating an illusion of depth. Consider adding a large mirror above the vanity or incorporating mirrored cabinet doors.
8. Optimize lighting: Adequate lighting can make a space feel more open and spacious. Use a combination of natural and artificial lighting to brighten up the bathroom. Consider installing recessed lighting, sconces, or pendant lights to maximize illumination.
9. Choose a floating vanity: Floating vanities, which are mounted on the wall instead of resting on the floor, can create an illusion of space. The open space beneath the vanity visually expands the area, making the bathroom feel more open and airy.
10. Use light colors and patterns: Light-colored walls, tiles, and fixtures can make a small bathroom feel more spacious. Additionally, using larger tiles with minimal grout lines can create a seamless appearance, making the room appear larger.
11. Opt for pocket or sliding doors: Traditional swinging doors can take up valuable space when opened. Consider installing pocket doors or sliding doors that slide into the wall or alongside it, saving space and providing easy access.
12. Declutter and organize: Keep your bathroom organized and clutter-free by utilizing storage solutions. There are numerous vanity organizers for hairstyling tools, door mounted racks, and sink base roll-outs.
Maximizing space in a bathroom remodel requires careful planning and consideration. Because so much time is spent there, it's essential to strike a balance between functionality, aesthetics, and personal preferences to create an efficient and enjoyable bathroom space. The Bath Tune-Up team of designers is ready to help your achieve your functional dream bath! Give your local franchise a call or request a free consultation today.